I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing this wedding day was. Kristen and Wes are friends we love, which makes shooting their wedding a real privilege. They changed up their plans from a venue to Kristen’s parents house but I CAN’T EVEN DESCRIBE TO YOU HOW PERFECT THIS DAY WAS. They pulled off such a fun celebration. Let me tell you all about it…
- I was running back and forth from houses across the street from each other all morning to photograph the girls and the guys getting ready. Wes wore suspenders, a bow tie, and a stetson hat for pics… coolest groom move there ever was am I right?! I photographed his details and then saw a cool oriental rug that they put out for the ceremony so I did them all again. Glad I did because they are still some of my favorite photos of groom’s details ever.
- They got married right on the sidewalk of their parent’s beautiful new home. They set up chairs in the front yard for all their people and then they invited the whole neighborhood and basically everyone they knew to BYOC (bring your own chair) and come watch them exchange vows. And people did not disappoint. There were even some tailgaters (one of them being my husband).
- The moment they were announced husband and wife and started their first walk into life together back down the aisle was a true moment where Heaven touched earth. The energy was unlike anything I had ever photographed. Rainbow confetti was popped and the eruption of cheers probably could have been heard a few neighborhoods over. And the smiles of Wes and Kristen’s faces… total joy. One of the coolest moments I’ve ever seen. Some of my favorite photos I think I’ll ever take. Might hang them in my own house one day lol. That’s how important of a moment it felt like I was getting to capture for them.
- Had a blast jamming with their wedding party. It was a huge crew and a fun crew. Photos to prove it.
- They invited their guests into the backyard for dinner and dessert. Their dessert table was a piece of art. I was so impressed.
- Any wedding with people funny and cool enough to rap their speech is a wedding I want to photograph.
- The party got officially started with a dance floor under string lights in their driveway. The “Schools” balloons that hung on their garage were epic. Then they did square dancing Young Life style… if you know you know. This is such a blast and everyone loved it.
THE SCHOOLS. Have fun looking at the joy that was their wedding day.